DNN xChange Updates

Topics: General, Improvement
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Edited Apr 24, 2014 at 3:14 AM
Hello All,

I have been bit too very busy with my other projects that I could not spare anytime to this module. I have been out for a long time. Just wanted to answer some of the questions that people have been asking over last few months.
  • Is DNN xChange Dead - No
  • Will there be any updates s3) oon - Yes
  • Will it work with the new versions (7.2+) - It should work out of the box, except for the new Lucene search, but will be testing it on the latest version (7.2.2) soon and will keep you all updated on it.
  • Will a new version be released with New Search - Yes
If you guys have any other questions, let me know and will try to answer them.

I will be fully out of my current project by this month end and you can expect some activity from next month. Meanwhile I will still keep working on this project and keep you all updated on the progress.

I need some help with regards to UI (HTML5/CSS3/jQuery) for this module. Let me know if any of you can help. Also, interested developers who can start adding features, please reply to this thread so that we can take this project further.

There are a lot of members who have joined as developers, but did not see any activity. Hope to hear from you all.

Update 1: Just to give an update regarding search, it was a feature that was not implemented at all with this module. So whether people are using it with old versions (before lucene.net search) or new versions, it behaves the same. However, the module search works as it used to be.

Update 2: Tested the module with the latest version of DNN CE and it works just fine. Able to post a question, reply to it, up vote question, up vote answer, flag a post, add a comment, include tags (without which a question cannot be posted) and a few other features. Everything works just fine. It can be used in production environments.
Mar 26, 2016 at 5:24 PM
++

Seen a post that if moved to github community can produce help easier. We would love to hear from you again as this mudule would be nice to have working great with DNN 8!

Thank you!
Editor
Jan 7 at 5:50 PM
Edited Jan 7 at 5:51 PM
I have a couple projects that need an updated version of the xChange/Q&A and I'm willing to put in time with the UI (graphics/css/html5)

Are there any others using a version that works on DN 8 or 9?

Would funding development make a difference?