Current beta...

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I am trying to work on the current beta with Visual Studio 2012 but I cannot get this to work properly. If somebody has a working version pls post it?
Oct 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I have completely cleaned the current version on Codeplex, make it run under DNN 7.1.2 and compiled in VS 2012. It works fine now. I did not change a lot. Where can I upload the source as well as the installer?
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM
if you have tested it on both 7.1.2 and also with older versions of DNN and if its working fine, please go ahead and update the existing source code on codeplex. Else please do zip and send it to me and I will test it before uploading it on the server.

my mailed is babureddyh @ Hotmail.com (remove spaces inbetween)
Oct 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I have send you an email because I have no idea how to add or change anything here.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM
if you have tested it on both 7.1.2 and also with older versions of DNN and if its working fine, please go ahead and update the existing source code on codeplex. Else please do zip and send it to me and I will test it before uploading it on the server.
my mailed is babureddyh @ Hotmail.com (remove spaces inbetween)
Regards,

Babu Reddy
Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎October‎ ‎2‎, ‎2013 ‎1‎:‎19‎ ‎AM
To: [email removed]

I have completely cleaned the current version on Codeplex, make it run under DNN 7.1.2 and compiled in VS 2012. It works fine now. I did not change a lot. Where can I upload the source as well as the installer?
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Hi guys, back from the dead...

I'm also interested to test this out. Please send me installer.
In this version you have kept the comments ? When you say 'I did not change a lot' were any features affected?

Regarding the sources, you could always clone and push your version into the tree.
Warning, I am not sure where DotnetnuclearLLC is with his rebranding, I know he started rebranding the whole thing into dnnxchange,
but I haven't seen any commits since. Babureddy ?

https://dnnxchange.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/forks/DotNetNuclearLLC/rebranding

just to avoid meging hell after...

@ MarietteNL, do you know what in fact caused this exception ? what kind of changed have dnn folks introduced ?
As an admin, this kind of freaks me out and scares me to see such an exception arriving between minor versions. I sort of understand when yearly versions can cause incompatibility with modules, like the dnn6 vs dnn7 causes half of the modules to be no longer compatible, but for this to happen with a minor version (not even a feature pack! like 6.1). I guess dnn folks are a bit cowboy these days with theire minor versions.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
@gdemotchkine, the rebranding work is going on. Since it also includes new skin, using services layer/knockoutJS it will take time.
Oct 2, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Edited Oct 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM
This version has comments turned off. I worked on this version because I wanted to learn how to fix small things, it was a steep learning curve but lots of fun. The 'cleaned' version and fixed for 7.1.2 only is just a temp fix I made primarily for myself and the coordinator has to decide if he wants to put it up. I urge everybody who has no programming experience to download the templates from Chris Hammond at https://christoctemplate.codeplex.com/ and play with them. It looks diificult but after some time you will get it.
Oct 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Sorry, comments are turned on and working.
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I found this solution from DNN Q&A posted by user sachatrauwaen thought it should help in case you would want to use the existing version

For dnn 7.1.2 add this
<dependentAssembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<assemblyIdentity name="WebFormsMvp" publicKeyToken="537f18701145dff0" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.2.0.0" newVersion="1.4.1.0" />
</dependentAssembly>
to your web.config after the last <dependentAssembly>
Oct 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM
That is probably the easiest fix but there are more issues. That is:

Warning 9 'DotNetNuke.Services.SystemDateTime.SystemDateTime.GetCurrentTimeUtc()' is obsolete: 'Deprecated in DNN 7.1.2. Replaced by DateUtils.GetDatabaseTime, which includes caching' C:\websites\dnndev.me\DesktopModules\DNNQA\Components\Common\Utils.cs 167 37 DNNQA

There are more issues with the badges but those are known issues